Monday, March 9, 2009

Inkredible Challenge

This week's challenge was to open up the Stampin' Up! catalog and flip through the catalog and stop on a random page. Pick a project from that page. Now, you need to make the same project but different. What does this mean, you ask?... You can use the sketch with different stamps and colors. or just swap out the colors, but make the project the same as shown. You can also just use the same colors or stamps on your chosen project. So I my project is the scrap page on page 124. (see below for the picture out of the catalog.) The page in the book was an 8x8 but I decided to make an 8 1/2 x11 which left me a little more room for embellishments so it looks slightly different.

So here is my scrapbook page of my nephew on his 1st birthday. I just love this picture of him. I pulled out the retired Creative License scrappin' kit and the Take Note rub-ons. The limited edition and the white cirlce on the bottom come from the rubons. The rest of the paper and the self-adhseive die cuts come from the kit. The only other thing I used was the Wild Wasabi prints designer series paper to make the pocket. I folded over the paper from all three sides to make the pocket and then used my 1" punch to make the opening. The insert, I punched a round tab punch and put a 5/18" silver brad in the center. I also punched two stars with my large and small star punches to put on the page. I also made the one with my On Board Timeless Type chipboard. I sponged on some Blue Bayou ink.

2 comments:

Kelly Mahoney said...

Great job Stasia! I love your take on this page!

Anonymous said...

That's such a cool page! Great use of the stamps!

Cindy