Friday, June 19, 2009

Wedding Shower Poem


To start the shower off, I did a little speech for the bride. It's no ordinary speech, it was filled with household products as we go to each one, we pulled out one of the products. So all the things in capital letters were household products we pulled out and gave to her. I did this about 8 years ago for my sister-in-law's shower and it's amazing how many things were no longer on the market. I had to go find subsititues. No YES and thank God there is no more RAVE. I think we killed the ozone with that one! There is a few others that needed to be substitued, but thank God I found new ones in the supermarket that day. So I decided to make the poem/speech as a keepsake for her. I started with On Board Basics Large that I covered with some Bella Rose. I printed the poem and punched a eyelet border on the side and adhered it to a piece of Riding Hood Red card stock. Then I diecut two flowers with the Bella Rose and put a corduroy button in the center. I also added two others on the bottom for accents. On the side of the chipboard came a strip of Bella Rose and wide chocolate chip grosgrain. To make sure it was a wall hanging, I punched two holes with my crop-a-dile and and pulled the ribbon through to make loop and tied a knot.


Here's the wedding poem: You are about to start a new ERA of your life. Who knew that when Tomek put that FANTASTIK DIAMOND on your finger and you said TOTALLY say yes that you would find so much JOY in your LIFE. Make sure you collect all your LUCKY CHARMS and break a WISHBONE so there will be SUNSHINE on the day you PLEDGE yourselves to each other. We hope that you always call each other HONEY and SUGAR and may the SPARKLE never leave your RED HOT love. Hope there are many KISSES and HUGGIES along with many SNUGGLES, but don't let Tomek get to bold until you are SURE. Remember we'll ALWAYS be there for you, to listen to your SECRETs and when you rave ALL about Tomek. When you send out a S.O.S., just DIAL the phone and we will be GLAD to help because we are your LIFESAVERS. But if all fails and you want to remain CAREFREE, just STAYFREE and be SOLO.

2 comments:

Lisa Trombitas - www.stampwithlisat.com said...

This is too cute! Thanks for sharing the poem - what a fun & silly thing for a shower. Was hoping to see you at Tina's the other night. We'll catch up soon, I hope!

Debbie Modrowsky said...

Too stinkin' cute Stasia. TFS. Give my best to Joanne.