Thursday, December 3, 2009

Naughty & Nice


Here is a gift card holder I came up with that gives the receipant a little surprise.... jingle bells come bouncing out as you open the card. So I decided to call it my Naughty and Nice gift for someone who was good but not a 100% good. It reminds of the card confetti that use to be put in all the cards years ago.

Ingredients to make the card:
Stamp Set: Sweet Centers, Christmas Greetings, Delightful Decorations
Ink: Real Red
Paper: Holiday Lounge Designer Series Paper, Real Red and Whisper White
Accessories: Fire Rhinestone Brads, Sweet Treats Cup and Real Red Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon
Tools: Scallop Border Punch, 3/4" circle punch, 1 3/4" circle punch and key tag punch (retired)

Special touch: I took a 11 x 4 1/4" piece of paper and scored it at 5 1/4, 10 1/2. I then folded it under and adhered it to make a pocket. I then made sure to punch the center of the ornament for the sweet cup through all the card layers except the insert. You will need to do each layer one at a time. You can either use the top layer as a guide or trace the circle on the paper as a guide. The inside I attached a piece of white card stock and put mono around the sides and bottom to make the pocket. Make sure you make the strip for the pocket long enough so it does show through the sweet center cup. I removed the rhinestone backs with my craft & rubber scissors. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so see all the pics to get a visual of what was done.

1 comment:

Tammy Sandborn said...

Love the naughty part of this card. Everyone is sure to know if you opened it before you were suppose to... Off to get some bells to make holders for my nieces and nephews. Thanks for the giggle...