Thursday, January 17, 2013

Inkredible Color Challenge

This week the Inkredible color challenge is:  Early Espresso, So Saffron, Wisteria Wonder.   I knew I wanted yellow and purple flowers and was trying to find a way for them them to stand on their own with just a touch of Early Espresso.   The result was a cupcake.    I started with my Coluzzle cutting system to start with a perfect half circle on a folded piece of card stock.   This was the only way I could figure out to cut the circle and keep the fold in place for the card to open up.   I could have also used the Circle Cutting System, but I always find I have more control with the Coluzzle and where I am cutting.   I cut half the circle and then I cut the free form bottom scallop.   I then cut a piece or Early Espresso card stock and attached under the curve.   Next I cut off the excess cardstock.

Ingredients to make the card:



Stamp Sets: Something to Celebrate
Ink:  Early Espresso
Paper:  Whisper White, Early Espresso, So Saffron, Wisteria Wonder
Accessories:  Whisper White Satin Ribbon, Buttons and Pearls from a local craft store
Tools:  Coluzzle Cutting System, Flower Punch from a local craft store, Blossom Petal Builder Punch

No comments: