Thursday, April 11, 2013

Inkredible Color Challenge

So this must be the week of playing with neutral colors.    This week's Inkredible color challenge is:  Baja Breeze,  Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, River Rock.

I was inspired by florals from a few weeks ago and decided to add them to this weeks project.  As the card started to take shape, it ended up being a great mother's day card.   It's never too early to start making cards for the amazing moms in your life.

Here are the steps to make the florals again:   The flower was just so easy to make I used the Triple Blossom punch and punched out 5 flowers.   Then I used my paper piercer and put a hole through the center of all of them.  Next, I used my bone folder to break up the fibers in the flowers so they would be easy to work with.   Next, I put a silver brad through the center.  I then scrunched up the flowers towards the middle.  Once all five layers were scrunched than I played with them and made them more life like.
Ingredients to make the card:
Stamp Sets: You're Amazing , Family Reunion and stamp set from a local craft store
Ink:  Soft Suede, Whisper White
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White and River Rock Patterns Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  Pearls, Silver Brads, Artisan Embellishment Kit, Doily from a local craft store
Tools: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Big Shot, Triple Blossom Layer Punch, Blossom Petals Builder Punch, Corner Rounder and Butterfly Punch from a local craft store

No comments: