Saturday, July 23, 2016

Color Challenge

I absolutely love, love this week's Global Design Project color challenge!!   How beautiful is Basic Black, Smoky Slate and Melon Mambo together.

The only thing I knew when I was putting the card together that I was going to use the Melon Mambo as a pop of color with a floral.   I wasn't sure until I sat down to create and looked through my stamp set how that was going to come together.

In the end I decided to use the leaves from the Crazy for You to stamp a background.

In the end I love the way this card came out.  I may have to pull out these leaves again for a future project.

Ingredients to make the card:
Stamp Sets:   Crazy for You, Flower Fest, Build a Birthday
Ink:   Melon Mambo, Smoky Slate, Versamark
Paper:   Whisper White, Basic Black
Accessories:   Basic Black Baker's Twine, White Perfect Accents colored in with Black Sharpie, Whisper White Embossing Powder
Tools:   Heat Gun, Embossing Buddy, Flower Fair Framelits

1 comment:

Connie Collins said...

Stasia, your card is so pretty and just perfect for our color challenge. I love how you stamped the leaves in gray and cut the background at an angle. Thanks for joining us this week at Global Design Project.