Saturday, June 2, 2018

Love Never Gives Up


So I decided to play along with Global Design Project team this week.    They are Caseing the Designer this week and they have a call for guest designer for 6 months.    So I decided to put my hat in the ring.    A lot has happened in the past couple of years and I am still trying to find my way.    I am thinking this might me a good way to get back to using my thousands and thousands of Stampin' Up! supplies I have collected over 14 years and maybe even use them in a timely manner.   

What inspired me was Brian King's style.    He always creates wow cards but his style is simple.    He makes you think twice about your stamp collection and makes you wonder why didn't I think of that. 

I pulled out my Watercolor stamp set that has now been sitting on my bookshelf since the middle of August.       What drew me to the set was the fabulous sentiments but than I just haven't been inspired to create until today. 

I used the shapes in the set to create a watercolor scene in a shape of heart.     I think I was inspired by my shirt today which had a outdoor scene inside a heart.     Then I added the Love Never Gives Up sentiment which makes me think of my guy.     He was a fighter to the end and I know he was with me long as he was because we both didn't give up on our life together.     I have a feeling this sentiment maybe even this design will end up on a scrapbook page as well. 

The colors used were Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz and Soft Sky.       Baker's twine and a strip of black complete the card.

3 comments:

Brian King said...

I love that black on top of these soft, sweet colors. What a lovely card, Stasia! Thanks for playing along with my CASE the Designer at GDP this week.

maggiec said...

I love your card! This sentiment says it all!

Suzi said...

Absolutely beautiful!