Monday, June 7, 2021

Reflection on the Past Year


Year of Covid - Remote Learning 1st and 3rd grade, Escape from Reality with Binge Watching, Finally Organizing after a Year of Craziness and Finding Joy in Stamping All Over Again.  

I have been with Stampin' Up! for now over 17 years and it has brought me so many things into my life.   I have found a passion, desire to learn and create, friendships and many times a vehicle to channel stressful and challenging times.     This past year has been unlike anything we have all have encountered.    I spent the year online learning my niece (8) and nephew (6).   I fit some cards when I had a need a birthday or an occasion, but for the most part I would buy my supplies to only see them sit and not get touch.     The desire to create was there, but the energy level was depleted.    The new norm was upsetting, masks everywhere, social distancing and being apart from friends and not able to share the good or bad in our lives.   The kids were not happy with the new norm, these little ones needed to be in classrooms with their friends, their teachers working with them and focused not sitting on a Google Meet at home with a million distractions.      Each day ended up with me coming home and just binge watching.   There was no creative mojo happening just a need to escape the reality we were living.    

The kids are now back in school but I still found that I couldn't get the mojo going.    I spent time finally cleaning or organizing my world.  Finding some order after a year of craziness.    Finally doing whatever else did in the beginning of Covid.  With the new catalog arriving, I challenged myself to start creating with all the supplies that have been sitting on a shelf.    There were no occasions to create for, so no rules just crafting for the fun of it.   It has been great for my mental state.  It was a joy to see my visions to come to life.   It brought me joy.   

So after 17 years I am happy to say my mojo is still here and better than ever.    So break open those supplies and just create.   Case a card, try a new technique, get inspired.    You won't regret it.   Stamping = Joy!


No comments: