Monday, August 20, 2007

Regional Swaps


I just got started on making some swaps for the upcoming Stampin' Up Regional event in Philadelphia, Sept 14th. I am so excited to attend this event. My sideline, downline and upline are attending this event. Two of them are attending their first Stampin' Up event and I am looking forward for them to seeing the excitement for the first time. Here's my swap card.

The little bird is from Fun & Fast Notes. I rolled the background with my Whimsy Jumbo Wheel. I don't have an ink cartridge in the Groovy Guava, so I just rolled across the stamp pad a few times and then rolled it onto the cardstock. The colors used in this card are Groovy Guava, Barely Banana, Very Vanilla. I think I found another color combination that I just absolutely love.

I stamped the bird in Basic Brown and then color it in with my Stampin' Write Markers. With the flower, I first put a mini glue dot in the middle and then using my blender pens, I colored it in with the Groovy Guava ink from my stamp pad. Then I put some Dazzling Diamonds to make the glue dot center of the flower pop. I found if I colored the flower and tried to put the glue dot afterwards, the glue dot would not adhere to the colored in cardstock because of the moisture. Lastly, I tied a knot with my Groovy Guava Double Stitched Ribbon and adhered it to the card with a glue dot.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Save one for me!!!