Friday, October 26, 2007

Spent some time with an old friend


I just made a few projects with Cool Carribean, last year's Stampin' Up In Color. Playing with color was like spending time with an old friend. I just love this year's line of In Colors, but I have to say Cool Carribean was a really great color. It all started with needing to make a gift box for a gift certificate and wrap a book that I bought for them as well for the birthday receipant.

So I started to look at my Designer Series Paper and choose Petals and Paisleys. I covered the book with the Designer Series Paper. Next, I made the box. The top of the box was embellished with my 5 petal flower punch and the Spring Bouquet Flower Punch with a silver brad in the middle. I then stamped Happy from Polka Dots & Paisleys and took the birthday from Happy Everything and punched it out with the Key Tag punch.

Here are the steps on how to make the box. In my case, I covered the top piece of cardstock with the Petals and Paisleys paper and then did my scoring.

How to Make a Gift Box without Templates
-Cut a piece of 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock in half so that both pieces are 8-1/2" x 5-1/2".
-Cut 1/4" off the short side & the long side of one of the halves. This is the bottom of your box. - It will now measure 8-1/4" x 5-1/4"
-Next score 1" on each side of both pieces of paper.
-Cut from the SHORT edge to where the folds intersect.
-Fold sides up & put Sticky Strip on the end parts that you are going to fold in.
-Fold pieces in & repeat process for the other piece of cardstock. Embellish as desired.

Next I had to make a good bye card for someone who is leaving the company. I made the card with my Polka Dot background stamp and Think Happy Thoughts stamp sets. I used the slit punch to make the scallop edge. I used my circle punches and scallop circle punch on the greetting. Lastly Grosgrain Ribbon was added to the card.

No comments: