Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Wow Shoebox Swap

I finally had a chance to take pictures off of my camera from a recent shoebox swap that I participated. You ask what a shoebox swap is. Well you cut up all the material needed for a project just like you would do for a class setting. You bring enough card stock cut up for x amount of people participating in the event. Then when you arrive at the event, you get to make the projects that people brought. The theme was wow items, anything with a little 3-D happening. We also got to do a second shoebox swap that was simple cards. The great thing about it was I got to make so many great projects first hand. So many times I read the instructions and I never end up making the project because the instructions seem so much harder than the actual work. I am a more hands on learner and not a textbook learner. :) So in the next couple of days, I'll be posting some of my favorites from that day's event.

The first is a mini scrapbook. I just love this! I think I'll be doing this as a project at one of my upcoming events. First I have to order the snow blossom punch. Once that is ordered than I can think about having this as upcoming project for all of you to do.
The stamp set is Perfect Presentation and the word joy comes from Everyday Flexible Phrases. The card stock is Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Real Red and Certainly Celery. The punches used in this project were the 1 3/8" circle, ticket corner, scallop circle and snow blossom. The ribbon is our fabulous Real Red Wide Grosgrain Ribbon. Gold brad finish the project off. Make sure you are signed up for my mailing list, you will not want to miss out finding out when we will be making this project.

No comments: