Friday, November 16, 2007

Homemade Gift Bag and Card to Match

Okay, so I thought I was done with my cousin's gift, but I could not stop myself. I had to have a coordinating homemade gift bag and card to match her homemade gifts that were made with the Cutie Pie Designer Series Paper.

First, I punched out squares of the 1 3/8" inch square punch of the Cutie Pie paper. I lined them up. I love the look of these squares lined up. It reminds of a patchwork quilt. What a great way to use up scraps. This is yet another reason why I love our double-sided paper. I had two designs to choose from when laying down the squares.

Next, I adhered strips of white grosgrain ribbon to the sides of the paper punches. Then some Rose Red card stock followed. I made some faux stitching with my uni-signal white gel pen on the Rose Red cardstock. I then stamped the word happy with my Big Deal alphabet and Headline Alphabet and layered them on the Rose Red card stock. I took our Medium Square Envelope and cut the top layer off. I added some punched out squares onto the envelope and white grosgrain ribbon just like on the bag. Lastly, I added some punched Three For You flowers with a silver brad in the middle. Also the white bow was tied and adhered with mini glue dots to the side of the bag.

Then came the card. Same square were punched again from the Cutie Pie paper. This time I used my Apricot appeal grosgrain ribbon down the side of the punches. I stamped the greeting with my Happy Everything stamp set. I took out my Coluzzle and cut out the circle. Then with our 3/4" circle punch, I punched So Saffron circles and adhered them to the back of the white circle greeting. Lastly a bow was made and attached as well as So Saffron buttons to complete the card.

No comments: