Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Homemade Card Tin and Tag


If you ever wondered what happens to all the homemade cards that I make as samples to show you... Well some get sent to family and friends, some are even sold. Since I had an insane amount of full cards that have accumulated, I decided to give them to my family as Christmas gifts this year. I am never at loss for cards, I figured I'd share them with others to enjoy and mail out.

So I was on the quest for a container to put the cards in. The Joann's in the Palisades Center mall was going out of business and lucky me found these tin containers. They were the last three so I wouldn't go looking for them there. If I could have found more they would have went home with me.

So here I stamped the word cards with my Big Deal Alphabet. The colors are So Saffron, Taken with Teal and Certainly Celery. My color inspiration came from the Petals & Paisleys designer series paper, which is retiring and will no longer be available after 12/31. I put strips of the Petals & Paisleys paper and then I used my Flirty Ribbon Originals which were I believe in last year's winter mini catalog. I just love those ribbons. I can only hope they show up in this year's catalog, but I have a feeling they are not otherwise I am sure someone would have posted it letting everyone know. After adhering the ribbon. I made a knot and attached to the container with a mini glue dot. The embellishments were made with the Trio flower punch from the Three for You punch box, 3/4" circle punch and a silver brad.

Since the container was already decorated, I figured I would just add a gift tag to the top of the container. Using the same color combo, I made tags. I stamped the tree from the Tags for All stamp set with my Stampin' Write Markers. I put some Dazzling Diamonds glitter on with a two way glue pen. I punched it out with the 1 3/8" circle punch and then adhered it with Stampin' Dimensionals to the scallop circle that I paper pierced. The greeting comes from the Greetings Galore stamp set. Some paper piercing and the wide Celery grosgrain finish it off.

No comments: