Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Homemade Holiday Candy Jars





Here is some homemade holiday candy jars that I made as gifts for a few friends at work. With some Bell jars, Hershey Nugget candy, In the Spotlight and Holiday Blitz, homemade gifts came easily. First I took the In the Spotlight stamp set. I stamped the flower and punched it out with the 5 petal flower. Next came the snow blossom stamp, I punched it out with the snow blossom punch. Next came the 1 3/8" inch circle punch and then scallop circle punch. I did some paper piercing to the scallop. The snow blossom flower, I put a gold brad through the center. Each layer I put Stampin' Dimensionals in between all the layers. I tied a red wide grosgrain ribbon around the jar. The next step was taking Hershey Nugget candy and stamping trees and candy canes.
Then I made two larger Bell jars. The Christmas jar, the same embellishment made it's way to the top. I also added some Dashing designer series paper, red wide grosgrain ribbon and the For You greeting comes from Fundamental Phrases.

Then I also made a Hanukkah jar, the top of the jar has the same embellishment, but different color combination. The background of the jar, I stamped the Polka Dot background stamp. I tied wide Brocade Blue grosgrain.
Since I got a little punch crazy and I had some extra embellishments punched out. I proceeded to make a few tags made with the scraps. The only thing I changed was the red scallop circle and made it a white scallop circle. Some Dashing Designer Series paper and red wide grosgrain ribbon top it off. Then I used my Alphabits and stamped out the word Joy and punched it out with my 1/4" circle. Only one week until Christmas! I think I am finally in the home stretch. Just a few more presents to wrap and next is grocery shopping.

1 comment:

yvonne said...

wow, these are just gorgeous!