Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Christmas Scrapbook Pages Day 3

Today is the end of the Christmas scrapbook pages. Since it is day 3, I figured I'd end with 3 scrapbook page layouts. The first one was very simple. It just happened to be the last layout I did and as can see I was losing steam as the day progressed. It is made with the Snowflake spot stamp set. Let it Snow was stamped with the Best Friends alphabet. The center of the large snowflakes, I stamped the large snowflake in Certainly Celery and punched it out with the Snow Blossom punch. I put a silver brad through the center and attached it to the large snowflakes with Stampin' Dimensionals.

The second layout was made to look like a patchwork quilt. I punched out scraps of the Dashing Designer Series paper with my 1 1/4" square punch and then arranged them in a pattern. The word Joy comes from the Love & Joy set from the Holiday mini, the Merry center of joy was stamped and then punched out with 3/4" circle punch and attached to the page with a dimensional. The finishing touches was the real red grosgrain ribbon and buttons.


Lastly, the page was made with the Holiday Trim stamp set. The colors are Wild Wasabi, Regal Rose and So Saffron, so not the typical holiday colors, but I think they work well on this page. The stars were punched with the large and small star punches, but before I punched, I dry embossed stars with my Punches Plus brass template. It's a little hard to see with the camera flash, but if you look reall close you might be able to see the dry embossing. Then the scallop edge was made with the slit punch. Lastly, some paper piercing and apricot grosgrain ribbon complete the layout.

No comments: