Tuesday, July 1, 2008

This Week's Color Challenge in a Magnetic Bookmarker


Lately, everytime I put a bookmarker in my book to hold my place when I am reading, the marker would just fall out when I put in my bag and I would lose my place. So for the last couple of books I was using a post it to mark my place. Then I realized that is silly, I should make a magnetic bookmarker that way it won't fall out. So with this week's color challenge, I came up with the following bookmarker for myself.

The colors for this week are Brocade Blue, Rose Red and Night of Navy. I stamped the scalloped image from the Wanted stamp set twice, once in Rose Red and then the second in Night of Navy. The Rose Red image I punched out with my scallop circle. The Night of Navy image I punched out with my circle punch. I then layered them one on top of the other. In the center I placed a Rose Red Flower fushion with a silver Brad through the center.

I then used my Stampin' Write Markers and colored in the words from the Sweet Serendipity. Then I made a scallop edge and attached it to the image. Then with the Brocade Blue card stock, I stamped the Weathered background.

The finishing touch was attaching magnetic strips to the center of the marker. I have to say the scallop reminds me a little of a fireworks which I think was the intent of the colors for this color combo when Colleen put them together. Brocade Blue, Rose Red and Night of Navy to celebrate Independence Day. I wish I had more time because I have some great pictures from Memorial Day that I initially thought of putting into a 12x12 spread for this challenge. Maybe when I have some more time, I'll still do it. In the meantime, check out more fabulous color challenge creations by my fellow Inkredible sisters at the following links: So make sure to check out the following links for more ideas using the color combos of the week: Colleen, Debbie, Lorraine, Kelly, Chris, Traci and Tracy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool. I am off to bed. Late night for me tonight.

Anonymous said...

I like the magnet idea for the book mark!