Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cheers to You!


I have to admit when I first saw the color combo for this week, I thought it was Not Quite Navy and More Mustard. So when I thought of the color Mustard, I remembered beer was that color. I was very excited, it gave me a chance to make a manly drinking card. So I made the C in Cheers with chipboard and my Serif Essentials Die Cut with the Big Shot and the Patterns Hostess Exclusive Paper Pack. Then I stamped the rest of the words with Schoolbook Serif Alphabet. Then with my Stampin' Write Markers, I colored in just the to you and stamped it. I stamped the mugs on my Watercolor paper which made the coloring with my Stampin' Write Markers come out beautifully with no streaks. Then I cut beer mugs I cut out and attached them to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I then took out the paper pack again and this time I punched a 1 3/8" square punch of the More Mustard designer paper and put it behind a clear button with some linen thread. Then a strip of More Mustard on the outside, a strip of Whisper White on the insidea and a scallop edge finish the card off. So I have to say I was very happy I got to use the beer mugs and I got to use my clear buttons with this card.

1 comment:

Darlene's Scrapbooking Stuff said...

This is very creative....love it!