Monday, November 10, 2008

Halloween Scrapping


I am so excited I was able to fit in some scrapbooking time. Here is a little mini album I made for my friend. She sent me all these great pictures and I thought I should make her a little brag book to carry around of her two little ones.

First applied Old Olive card stock to a piece of chipboard with my glue stick on the top and the bottom. Glue sticks work best with applying paper to chipboard. After that I ran the chipboard and card stock through my Big Shot with the Scallop #2 Sizzex die. The best part of putting the card stock on before hand, no need to cut and sand. You have a beautiful finish to your chipboard Sizzex die. I repeated the steps again for the bottom of my mini album. For the inside pieces I cut just plain scallop circles with the Big Shot. For the ones inside, you can cut the pictures out with your Coluzzle cutting system and attach them to the inside.

The front cover. I stamped the bats from the Batty for you stamp set, I cut them out and attached them with dimensionals. I stamped the greeting from the Halloween frights stamp set. To make it easier trimming the words, I punched them out with my word window punch and then cut out the words I needed. I then stamped the stars & swirls from the set. I used my Stampin' Write markers to color them in, so it stamped the two colors. Then I added a black button. To get the two shape circles. For the white circle, I punched it out with my mega punch that I got from AC Moore. It is a 2 3/8" punch. I have to say I love this punch. Then the eggplant envy layer, I cut out with the Coluzzle.

Next, I used my crop-a-dile to punch holes through the card stock and the chipboard covers. I then put on the key ring that I got in Staples. I tied a piece of Old Olive wide grosgrain.

Thinking of coming to my class tonight, we'll you can make this instead of the pumpkin version of this mini album. There is still room open for tonight's class. If not RSVP for the 17th and you can make this mini album then.

No comments: