Tuesday, February 24, 2015

More Daniel Party Decorations

My Daniel Tiger decorations continue today.    Today I made another banner and I made a clothesline to pin up photos of the little guy.    The banner is very similar to yesterday's banner with the exception of the square pennants.

The bigger challenge was the finding a way to display the photos.   It started first with a vitamin bottles that were being discarded.   I thought just putting a wood dowel in the center would be enough to display the pictures.   Well I was proven wrong.   There was not enough height so the photos could drape.    You also couldn't spread the two points to far apart or the anchors would fall over.  

So I will start with the vitamin bottles.   I covered them with zebra paper I found in a local craft store.  I couldn't find tiger stripes, so I colored in the white parts of the designer paper with my blendabilites!!!  I love how they came out.    Then I punched a hole in the top of the bottles with my crop-a-dile and put the wood dowel through the center.   I put some hot glue where the dowel goes through the center to ensure it would not come out.   I tied ribbon to hide the bottles top.    I filled the bottle with rice.    Then I sealed the bottle with hot glue so it would not open up.

Next came the bottom, I had these heavy duty cardboard paper rolls I got from a company I used to work at.    Not sure where you can find anything like this.    My goal was height, so if I didn't find these I was going to find card board boxes and decorate them.     So the roll were covered with black cardstock.   I attached it with sticky strip to keep it in place.     Next came the rosettes.    I scored two pieces of cardstock at one inch and attached the two pieces with my hot glue gun to make sure they stayed in place.     Next came Daniel Tiger.   I printed it out and cut it out with my circle framelits.   Daniel was glued to the project with hot glue.    Then I attached the rosette with the glue gun as well.

Click here to see where I downloaded the Daniel Tiger image.

The two anchors were tied together with White & Tangerine Tango Two-Tone Trim.   I tied them on top and I also pulled out my hot glue gun and applied the glue to make sure they do not come undone.

Ingredients to make the Daniel Tiger Decorations:
Ink:   Pumpkin Pie Blendabilites
Paper:    Tangelo Twist, Whisper White, Basic Black, Zebra Paper from local craft store, Tangelo Twist Patterns Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  Tiger Striped Ribbon from a local craft store, White & Tangerine Tango Two-Tone Trim
Tools:   Simply Scored, Circle Framelits, Crop-a-dile, Serif Essentials Sizzex

No comments: