Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pink Pirouette and Riding Hood Red

Just yesterday, my friend Colleen was asking me what my favorite color combination of all is. She is starting to work on next year's color combinations for the week. I have to say it is Pink Pirouette and Riding Hood Red especially the way they are paired up in our Bella Rose paper. Here are two cards that I have had to make in the last month or so for birthday milestones that have occurred. The first one is a Sweet 16 card. I stamped the word sweet from our Schoolbook Serif Alphabet. The sixteen comes from the Short Order Numbers set that I stamped and then punched out with our circle punch. Then I took the heart chipboard from our On Board Simon Upper and cover with some of the Bella Rose. The Riding Hood Red Tafetta and the scallop edge finish the card off.

The next card was made for a 60th birthday. I used the my favorite big from the retired Think Big stamp set. Who knew when I purchased it I would be using it for all these milestone birthday cards. Then I pulled out my Short Order alpahbet and numbers for the rest of the greeting. I made the large flowers with my 5 petal flower and put a button from the Button Bouquet in the center. The small flower over the word big, I punched from the Boho Blossom punch and another button was added. Lastly a inverted scallop edge and a strip of Riding Hood Red finish the card off.

No comments: