Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Inkredible Color Challenge


Okay I have to say I was a little stumped on what I was going to do with this week's Inkredible color challenge. The colors are: Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Ballet Blue and Old Olive. The colors scream a little boys shirt, but I just could not think of anything that would work with these colors. Then I was looking at printouts I made of beautiful cards I have found on the Internet on blogs and saw this punch art chickie! I was wow this would be perfect.
So here my punch art chickie Easter gift bag and the ingredients to make it:
On a side note, the designer series paper does not exactly match the color challenge, but when I picked it up it was a great fun fit for the project.
Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Crushed Curry and Old Olive
Paper: Sweet Pea designer series paper, Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Bashful Blue and Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: White Satin Ribbon, 5/16" Whisper White Jumbo Brads
Tools: Coluzzle Cutting System (retired), Scallop Circle Punch, 1/2" circle punch, 1/4" circle punch (retired), Big Shot, Ovals Sizzex, Sponge Daubers
Special Touches for this Project: I sponged Crushed Curry on the edge of the Oval and the scallop cut outs I used for the wing. I free form cut the egg with my paper snips after cutting the oval. The grass as well was free form cut. Also a big tip for gift bag, I always apply anything I make for a gift bag with Sticky Strip it really keeps the paper on the bag and that is super important with gift bags since they are constantly being handled.

3 comments:

Kimmarie Baker said...

All your spring creations are so cheerful! Love what you have been creating. Happy Stamping! :)

Kim said...

Super cute chickie!!!

Debbie Modrowsky said...

I love him :)