Thursday, December 9, 2021

Christmas Cards


The last four cards for today were a lot of fun to create and made me smile when I was done.   


The first one has to be one of my favorites.   I used the holly border punch.   I really wanted to think of a create way to use the punch and decided to make it a neutral background when it was paired up with the Painted Christmas DSP and crumb cake DSP.   I was super excited I finally got to play with my Tim Holtz splatter brush and Picket Fence Distress Paint.   Such a fun background and so easy to do.   Just dip the brush in the bit of paint and then take the brush and just pull the bristles from left to right.  Viola instant splatter!!   So cool.   Next came the tree from the retired Santa's Sleigh dies.    The sentiment was stamped from the Merriest Moments set as well as the foliage and berries.   Baker's twine and Classic Matte Dots complete the card.


Next comes my penguin friend from Penguin Place DSP fussy cut.   The trees were also fussy cut but from the Peaceful Place DSP.    The snow background also comes from the Penguin Place DSP.    The snow drift is from the Penguin Place stamp set.    The sentiment is from Stitched with Cheer.   The Warm Hugs circle comes from the Warm Hugs stamp set.   The snowflake is from the Merry Cafe set.    Baker's twine completes the card.   Loving the Fresh Freesia and the Basic Grey color combination.


I had to have the Giving Gifts die, most importantly I needed Santa's sleigh.     Since I had to have I had to make a card with that beautiful die.   I couldn't let a year go by again and not come up with a card.    The tag was die cut from the Bonanza dies.    Then the sentiment was stamped from the Christmas to Remember set.   Holly from the Merriest Moments.    DSP came from Painted Christmas and Peaceful Prints.   Strip of card stock and baker's twine complete the card. 


So the last card for today was two friends fussy cut from Penguin Playmates DSP.   Tree and gifts were stamped from the Penguin Place stamp set and fussy cut as well.   The sentiment comes from the Christmas to Remember set.    Strips of Penguin Playmates and Baker's twine complete the card. 

 

No comments: