Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Philadelphia Regional Projects



Here are some of the cards that we made at regionals. I loved the unique ideas that are in each of these projects. The first one is my favorite. It uses the True Friend stamp set. The colors are basic gray, purely pomegrante and soft sky. What a stricking color combination. I love how we highlighted the word Friend by just stamping it on a piece of Soft Sky and cutting it out and adhering it to the saying. We used the Spring Bouquet Flower punch to punch a flower in the Purely Pomegrante and adhered it with a silver brad. We rounded the only one side with our corner rounder. Who would have thought that. I would have done all four sides not just 2. That is why I love coming to these events to get little tips like this. Then there is my favorite ribbon, the polka dots from the Sherbet Ribbon Originals which we stapled to the card.


The next card uses the So Much stamp set that we got for free. At first when I heard that we were getting this set at regionals, I have to admit I wasn't really happy. Although I have learned that throughout the years the stamp sets we have received a regionals end up being one of my favorite sets. For example, Natural Beauty, that just recently retired. I have come to enjoy this set and see the potential in my scrapbook pages and I have to say I love the dotted circle and the flower. So stay tuned, I am sure I will be coming up with some projects with this set in no time.


So enough about the stamp set, let's talk about the Thanks card. It uses the same color combo, except now the background is our Kraft paper. The circles were cut out with our Coluzzle cutting system. I have to say my favorite part of this card is the way we attached the ribbon to the card. We used a silver brad which of course was attached with our new crop-a-dile. We then threaded the soft sky double stitched ribbon and tied some linen thread around it. We made the scallop edge with our corner rounder and added a button to the middle of the card.

The last card, we used the Real Red, Kraft, So Saffron and Soft Sky card stock. We cut the flower out and put a pewter jumbo eyelet in the middle. We stamped the swirl in white ink and then we paper pierced some of the lines in the circle. My favorite part of the card was the fold. We ended up folding the card, so it made a pocket on the inside. What a great way to give a gift card or make it a little bigger and it can be a cd holder.





No comments: