Sunday, October 14, 2007

Handmade Birthday Gift Bags

I just got back today from another fabulous stamping event with my Inkredible group. I am telling you are going to be floored when I start posting pictures from this event. Until I can get organized and figure out what to post, here are some handmade birthday gift bags I made for my niece's birthday presents. Let's start with the background of the first bag which was made with the So Swirly wheel that was rolled onto the Purely Pomegranate card stock. It was paired up with Pretty in Pink card stock and scalloped Pretty in Pink bottom border made with my slit punch and some paper piercing.

Now for the tag, the stamp sets were Priceless, Headline Numbers and Amazing to Zany. The colors are: Pretty in Pink, Purely Pomegrante and Wild Wasabi. The accessories on the card were my Pretty in Pink brad, Purely Pomegranate double stiched ribbon and Dazzling Diamonds applied with a glue pen. The flower and the butterfly were adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals to the tag.

The next bag is a special treat for all of you and it sneak peaks a new stamp set that will be available in the Spring and Summer Collection 2008 from Stampin' Up that will be available January 2008. It is the Enjoy Every Moment stamp set. As demonstrators we were able to earn this stamp set by reaching a sales goal and I was happy to say that I earned it! So the stamp set just came in the mail and I couldn't wait to play with it. When I saw the flower in the set, I just had to pair it up with the floral background from the Cutie Pie designer series paper set. So here is the second gift bag.

Again let's start with the background. The background uses the Cutie Pie designer series paper. It is paired up with Whisper White strip for the top border and a scallop Whisper White for the bottom. I added 1/4" So Saffron punched out circles to the large flowers to tie in the So Saffron to the top of the bag.

The top portion of the bag, I stamped the word Enjoy and then I used the little yellow flower from the stamp set and with the 1/4" circle punch I punched the flower out and attached with a Stampin' dimensional. Next I stamped the flowers in Certainly Celery and cut them out. I used the same 1/4" circle punch and punched out So Saffron for the middle of the cards and attached them with a dimensional. Next I took the Certainly Celery and stamp the little circle images in the background. Lastly I layered the top with So Saffron, Certainly Celery and Whisper White card stock. Lastly I attached a Whisper White taffeta bow with a mini glue dot.

With both bags, I attached the card stock with mono adhesive as well as pieces of sticky strip to ensure the card stock would not fall off.

Stayed tuned tomorrow for fabulous projects that I took pictures of at Fall Fest!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stasia, I did not make the connection with the flower...until you mentioned it. Of course, it looks terrific!