Monday, November 12, 2007

Dressing up the Everyday

Here is a few more things I made for my little cousin for her birthday present. Here are a few more things I dressed up that are our everyday Stampin' Up supplies. The first is a craft keeper. I stamped the word paper with the Best Friends Alphabet stamp set. I cut the circles out with my Coluzzle. I attached one inch circles punched with So Saffron card stock to the back of the Regal Rose circle. I adhered a bow made with wide regal rose grosgrain ribbon. The So Saffron flowers I punched out of the Cutie Pie Designer Series paper and punched the little flower from the Spring Flower Bouquet punch. The bottom layer was a 1 3/8" inch circle punched out of Certainly Celery card stock. A gold brad finishes the embellishment off. Lastly the embellishment was adhered with Sticky Strip to the craft keeper to make sure it didn't go anywhere.

The next thing I decorated was the Silver Brads container. With a little punching, brads and Stampin' Dimensionals, the embellishment dresses up the little container.

Lastly, I took our 5x5 art journal and made her a little personalized notebook. I adhered some Cutie Pie Paper to the journal and a strip of chocolate chip card stock to the left by the spiral. I used our spiral punch to attach the card stock. I learned a little trick that best way to attach paper to chipboard is to use our anywhere glue stick. When you attach the paper, use your bone folder and rub it across the card stock this way your glue will go into the chipboard. Any excess paper that is still left on the edges of the chipboard sand away with our sanding blocks. Next I put a strip of wide grosgrain Chocolate chip ribbon between the chocolate chip card stock and the Cutie Pie paper. I colored the On Board Simon Upper chipboard J with our craft chocolate chip ink with a sponge dauber. I attached the J with sticky strip to make sure it wasn't going anywhere. Lastly, I tied some chocolate chip taffeta ribbon and some purely pomegranate double stitched ribbon to the spiral of the notebook. Well I know it was hit because my sister wanted to run off with it since her name starts with a J. So I guess I know what is on my next Stampin' Up order more chipboard letters and 5x5 art journals.

No comments: