Sunday, November 11, 2007

Ribbons and Punches Oh My!

I was trying to come up with some cute gifts to give my little cousin for her birthday this coming weekend. She has been becoming a stamping addict. I have lots of retired ribbon that has just been sitting on a shelf, so I decided to put it good use as well as my paper scraps.
I came up with two jars, one filled with ribbon and the second filled with card stock that was punched with all our Stampin' Up! punches. I punched circles, scallops, flowers, ovals and tags. She'll be all set with a jar filled with punches. I decorated the the rim of the jar with our Regal Rose wide grosgrain ribbon. I adhered it with mini glue dots. The background of our top is decorated with our Cutie Pie Designer Series paper, So Saffron Card stock and a strip of Regal Rose wide grostrain ribbon. The center is Bashful Blue card stock punched and pierced with our Scallop circle punch. Then a Regal Rose circle follows. Then I punched one of the So Saffron flowers out of our Cutie Pie Designer Series paper. Lastly, I used the Spring Flower Bouquet Punch and put a gold brad through it. Each layer, I adhered with dimensionals to give add height to the embellishment. Lastly, I used Alphabits stampset and our 1/4" square punch to punch the letters out.

The second jar filled with ribbon. I decorated the outside of the jar with Cutie Pie Designer Series Paper. The top of the jar, I used my Build-A-Flower accents & elements. Did you know that you can make our accents not sticky by rubbing the Embossing Buddy over the adhesive part? I did that with the flower and the greeting that way I can adhere them with dimensionals to add height. If I didn't use the embossing buddy, it would have stuck to the card stock on the edges and would have not pop consistently. Lastly, a So Saffron button was added along with Purely Pomegranate Double Stiched Ribbon was tied around the jar.

No comments: