Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Birthday Greeting from the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse


I have to say I love this stamp set from EK Success. It has all these Mickey characters and phrases. This is going to come in handy when I start scrapbooking. I am big Mickey Mouse fan. Here is a card that I made for my niece. The outside is simple enough. It starts with big Polka Dots from the Bella Rose Designer Series Paper. I stamped the image of Mickey and Minnie and colored it in with my Stampin' Write Markers. I then took the greeting from the Think Happy Thoughts stamp set, punched and layered it on top of another circle. In the center I put a Mickey Mouse eyelet that I got from Disney World a few years back and put a pretty in pink brad in the center. The finishing touch was the wide Pink Pirouette Ribbon laid down in the center card followed by the Red Riding Hood Taffeta ribbon and Red Riding Hood bow attached to the side with a mini glue dot.
The inside of the card is where the fun begins. I took the 1 3/4" circle punch and punched circle out of the black card stock. I then cut the circle and starting cutting it around to make a spiral. Click here to see a great tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers. I have to say here spiral looks a lot neater than mine. I then stamped Mickey and friends and colored them in with my markers and cut them out. I then attached each of them to the spiral with mini glue dots. Lastly, I punched stars out and put a black brad though the center. Then I took a big star and punched it out and stamped the let's celebrate from the On your birthday. Then I wrote the greeting in my uni-signal white gel pen. It says Happy Birthday Julie from all your friends at the Mickey Mouse clubhouse. I am going to mail this card so she will have a fun surprise in the mail. Of course, I showed it to my mom and she tells me I should put some little presents in the package like stickers or a lollipop. So I guess I will be going to the Disney store after work to see if I track down some little gifts to put in the mail with her birthday card from Mickey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!! We have to find a night to play again!!!