Sunday, February 8, 2009

Color Challenge for the Week

Here is this week's color combination, just in time for Valentine's Day: Riding Hood Red and Pink Pirouette. I decided to make M&M holders for the challenge. I started with a piece of paper cut 4 1/4" x 8 1/2". I then scored it at 3 1/2" and then at 7". The 1 1/2" at the bottom I folded up and stapled it to make a pocket. I then put a strip of Riding Hood Red over it to cover the staples and to add an accent color for the front of the card. Next I made a border with my eyelet border punch. Next came the Sizzlet Hearts die cut with the Candy Lane paper. I then stamped the little heart from the You & Moi stamp set and punched it out with the 3/4" square punch and attached it to the front with a dimensional. The greeting came from the Hugs & Wishes stamp set. To keep the M&M holder closed, I put a pop-up glue dot.

I also made a little gift card with the color combo. I punched a scallop square of Bella Rose designer paper. I then threaded a Button Bouquet and tied a bow. I stamped the word love from the Fundamental Phrases. I paper pierced the corners as a finishing touch.

Make sure to check out the following links for more ideas using the color combos of the week from our color girls: Colleen, Debbie, Lorraine, Kelly, Traci and Tracy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute.

Traci Camardella said...

Stasia LOVE these, wonder if i can make something in time to bring on Thursday for deb's teachers. TOO CUTE!!!!!!