Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Pals Paper Arts Challenge #1


I just stumbled upon this blog and I have to say I was excited to see a color challenge blog totally using Stampin' Up! colors especially some of the new In Colors! Click here to be brought to the Pals Paper Arts blog and see all the samples made with this color combo. The first challenge is using Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo and Chocolate Chip. So here are the three colors using The More the Merrier stamp set.

Ingredients to make the card:
Stamp Set: The More the Merrier
Ink: Basic Brown Classic Stamp Pad, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo and Chocolate Chip Ink Refills
Paper: To the Nines Speciality Designer Series Paper, Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper, Watercolor Paper
Accessories: Chipboard from American Coaster, Courdury Button, Linen Thread, Pewter HodgePodge Hardware (retired)
Tools: Big Shot, Hearts & Brackets Sizzex, Blender Pens, Crafter's Tool Kit

Special Touches on the Card:
I applied the designer series paper to the chipboard and then ran it through the Big Shot. The image was stamped on watercolor paper which allowed for easy watercoloring to be done with my ink refills and my blender pens.

2 comments:

Margaret Moody said...

I'm so glad you posted a link to your blog on the PPA comments so we could see your card anyway, Stasia! I love your card! Love the To The Nines DSP for your card base...really neat looking! Great use of the challenge colors, too! Thanks for participating in PPA's first challenge! I hope you'll join us tomorrow for our first sketch challenge!

Margaret Moody

Ann Schach said...

Stasia, like Margaret, I am glad that you included the link to your card! I love what you created! To the Nines was always one of my favorite Designer Papers. You did a great job with the challenge colors. I will be looking forward to what you create for PPA challenge number 2!