Saturday, September 15, 2007

Stampin' Up Regionals



Well it was a long day. We were on the road at 5:30 heading down to Philly for the Stampin' Up Regionals. We got there with just a little time to spare. So the swapping frenzy started. I raced around trying to get all my swaps out of my little hands and getting new ones in return. That madness continued during the breaks until all my swaps were done. Hopefully tomorrow, I'll get some photos together of my favorite swaps and post them. In the meantime, here are some of my favorite projects from Regionals that they demonstrated. On the right, here is a picture of me and my stamping buddies, Colleen and Tracy.

My first favorite was this wall hanging. It is made with the Autumn Harvest stamp set, Fall Flowers Designer Series Paper, Chocolate Chip Wide Grosgrain Ribbon and On Board Simmon Upper Chipboard Letters. I am thinking about having a class and making this project with some of you. Email me and let me know if you are interested in making this and we'll see if we can make this fall!







The next project was a corkboard memo board. It is made from the On Board Ginormous Pieces, Prints Designer Series Paper, Celery Wide Grosgrain Ribbon and Corkboard. How beautiful is that! I absolutely love it.







I was happy that one of the topics they covered yesterday was dry embossing. I did some dry embossing when I first started stamping, but I forgot some of the technique steps. So it was great getting a refresher and of course they gave us some great tips and ideas. Here is a Christmas card they did with the Priceless template on vellum. Isn't it gorgeous!


It was a long day, I didn't get home until 9. You have thought I would have just drifted off to sleep, we'll that was not happening with Starbucks still running through my veins and the 101 things that I learned and saw! :)


Everytime I go, I am just floored by the talent and all the wonderful things we can make with our products. Did I mention the beautiful make & take projects we made with our free stamp set, So Much. Well I'll share those another day with you. This is just one of many things I love about Stampin' Up. I love going to events and learning new things. Hopefully next time you can join me. Email me and let me know if you want to learn more about being a demonstrator and coming to great events like this.

No comments: