Thursday, January 24, 2008

Wanted Color Challenge for the Week

Well here is my color challenge for this week. The colors are Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and Cameo Coral. I read my friend Colleen's blog and she said that this was a challenge and I have to say I agree. I believe it is the Cameo Coral that made it as challenging as it was. It is not a color I use frequently. So here I paired it up with the Wanted stamp set. I also got to use my rub-ons and I just have to say I love them!!!! I think I love the white rub-ons the most. I always like the way white looks when I stamp it, but I hate using my white craft pad. I just don't have the patience for it to dry! So with rub-ons it gives me the best of both worlds.

This weeks card I made it a pocket card with a photo inside. The blue bayou card stock and the soft sky come from our textured 12x12 card stock. I applied the Family Tradition rub-on from the Urban West collection. The piece of Soft Sky, I dry embossed the circles with my Crop-a-dile. Then I put a little strip of cameo coral under the soft sky. Next, I stamped the large scallop image from the Wanted stamp set in the three different colors and put a silver brad through the center. I punched them out with scallop circle punch. The soft sky image, I popped up with dimensionals. The insert of the pocket card, the photo, journaling and a tab made with our Round tab punch finish it off. Also I used my corner rounder to round off some of the edges of the pocket card. Click here to be brought to step by step instructions to make the pocket card.

No comments: