Sunday, August 3, 2008

Convention News

I am back from the annual Stampin' Up! convention. This year marked the 20th anniversary for Stampin' Up! It was a great time all around, catching up with friends, making new ones. Here's a pictures of some my SU friends,
pictured on the right are Deb Krog, then my 2 roomates Debbie Modrowsky and Tracy Bakunas, followed by Kristen Fuller and Sue Bendinsky.

I also saw and learning fabulous stamping techniques and nevermind all the business tips. This year we received a copy of the Stampin' Up! catalog at convention. It is just fabulous!! You should see my wish list already. On the plane ride home, all of us had our cattys out and spent the whole flight home, writing down all the things we wanted.

Can you imagine 6000 crazy stampers in one room, well here are all of us piling into the convention center for the opening sessions.

The first day we got to tour the home office and the distribution center. It was great seeing everyone's packages being picked and being shipped. It is just gorgous inside there is a waterfall and everything. The entire city is surrounded by moutains and it is just a site to see.
The last night we were there we had an Inkredible group dinner where we meet demonstrators from NC, MA and AZ that are all part of our Ink family. Here we all are. Front and center is our fabulous Tina Rosenkrans, our proud upline!

SU had over 30 boards filled with projects that were submitted by demonstrators showcasing cards, scrapbook pages and 3d items. Talk about inspiration overdrive. I was so excited, 13 of my projects were on the display boards! I was in shock! Everytime I saw another project, I was like I can't believe it. Check all my projects below!
There were several great annoucements made at convention this year. One is there is going to be a 2nd phase to the home decor elements line! The vinyl art includes bold beautiful color images as well as few for the holidays!!! Check back October 1st to see the new line!

Then the next fabulous news is that SU is partnering with Sizzex! We are going to sell the Big Shot as well as the beautiful dies. Can I just say Shelli, our CEO, showed us all these fabulous projects made with the Sissex dies combined with our wonderful papers, the results were out of this world.

We are also partnering with Country Living magazine. We are going to have a 21 page magazine spread in the magazine which will feature the Holiday Collection Stampin' Kit. The magazine will hit the stands in November.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Got all your photos and love this post! I am behind already since I still have not gotten a chance to download my pixs from SLC.

You're are the best roommate...I am booking you next year :)

Debbie